Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mmmm....Peanut Butter and Banana Bread

Okay, maybe not so much. The Mister liked it well enough, but I thought it was a little sticky. The recipe actually called for muffins, but I was a rebel and made a loaf. I think it would have been better as muffins.


The recipe that I used is at the bottom of this post. I don't recall where I swiped it from, sorry. I used 2 cups of all-purpose flour, used regular 1% milk and added 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract because everything tastes better with vanilla. I also omitted the chocolate chips, but next time I would add nuts.

Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins

1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

1 large egg
2 small mashed overripe bananas (3/4 cup)
2/3 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup milk (vanilla soy is yummy)
2 T. oil
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips


Measure and mix the first 5 ingredients together; make a well in center.
Beat next 5 ingredients with a whisk in another bowl; add to well.
Stir in chocolate chips; mix just until moistened.
Fill 12 greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
Bake at 375ºF for 18-20 minutes or until the centers test done.
Let stand 5 minutes in pan before removing to wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment