Sunday, March 7, 2010

Melt in Your Mouth Strawberry Muffins

These yummy muffins were served at a bambino shower I went to recently. One of the Mom Posse made them and they did indeed melt in my mouth. I think no one should be without access to these muffins so I've given you the recipe (below).

I've tried these with strawberries and I'm ready to try blackberries (on sale for $.77 last week) and blueberries (on sale this week). I found the recipe to be mighty darned versatile.

I will say that I lowered the temperature in my oven to 350* for my second batch. I think my oven runs a little hot even if the thermometer says otherwise. Baking at 350* for 21 minutes was just perfect for me.

I made several batches and then froze them in packs of four for breakfast on the run. The muffin and a yogurt (store brand or bought with coupons) is way better for my waistline and my pocketbook than a trip through the drive-thru.

Melt in Your Mouth Strawberry Muffins:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup lowfat plain yogurt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped

Preheat oven to 375-degrees. In one bowl, mix together flours, sugar and baking soda. In another bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, butter & vanilla. Toss strawberries into the flour mixture. The pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture and stir. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.

Nutrition: Calories 150; Calories from Fat 45; Total Fat 5g; Carbohydrates 24g; Protein 4g; Fiber 2g."

..

No comments:

Post a Comment