Monday, January 4, 2010

My Own Version of The Polar Bear Swim

At the beginning of every new year there are brave souls who jump into a freezing cold body of water. I'm guessing it's more symbolic than recreational otherwise I just don't get it. Today's post is my version of that famed swim sans the water.

This year my walk leads me down a crafty path. I've always admired people who blog about crafts and share their creativity. Blogging about crafting combines my two loves, sewing and writing, both of which have been put of the back burner post-kids. Getting back into the swing of fabric and words has been amazing. Truth be told I'm very much hoping to make a few coins off the endeavor, but I'm not going to go all Oprah-like and say that if I follow my passion the money will come. We will see.

So for today I turn you towards Skip to My Lou. I love this site. The blog has been an inspiration to me to start blogging my own creative attempts. I hope to continue to participate in Made By You Mondays with fresh new material, however since 5 days ago I did my cat door tutorial I'll do a repost for this Monday just so I can dip my toe in that icy cold water.

Cowabunga, dude!



No comments:

Post a Comment