Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Mantle

I got my inspiration for my mantle here at Hoosier Homemade. Now that I'm all about gussying up just my mantle it makes holiday decor so much easier to manage.

Here is the full view of my very first ever holiday mantle. It's a St. Patrick's day gem.

I don't have a lot of things going on because I don't have a lot of St. Patrick's Day items, period. This lack of decor items was, however, an opportunity to hit the local church garage sales. I picked up the little shamrock plaque below for $.25. I set it on a frame holder and don't I feel Irish? The little green things spilling out of the green martini glass is shamrock wall art. The star is a chalkboard sign that I can reuse for each holiday.
Again, lacking items, I had to shop from my stash of generally usable supplies and repurpose them is decorative delights (I like the alliteration here). I turned a neutral colored candle holder upside down to use it as a stand for one of the shamrock tumblers I have to work the elevation look.
The sparkly shamrocks and the planter were also garage sale finds. The tissue was sitting around the house, but it's green so it found a new home among green friends.

I can't wait for Easter!
..




No comments:

Post a Comment