Tuesday, June 1, 2010

EOY Teacher Gifts

First I want to apologize for the quality of the pictures this time. My camera was pppffftt on the battery and my phone was all I had before I took these in to deliver to our Special Areas teachers. You get the idea though.

This year I wanted to acknowledge my sons' Special Area (Art, Music & P.E.) teachers. I always get their homeroom teachers and this year I took care of both my older son's class period teachers, but sometimes the SA teacher slip through. Their work is equally important since it gives my kids the opportunity to learn outside of a book. I love that Art, Music and P.E. are the most interactive of all the classes they have in school. The planning and preparation for these subjects is amazing!

The way I recognized these teachers this year is to give them a plant in a "pot" they could keep for supplies later. I picked up these tin cans sans the lettering at a Treasure Store earlier this year.

I used the Cricut cartridge "Printing 101 " to cut out the word "inspire" in vinyl letters. Then I adhered them to the mini bucket. If you don't have a Cricut then I'm sure the precut vinyl letters from the store will work just as well. I just like the versatility of the Cricut and using color vinyl.



The garden sticks I downloaded from Skip to My Lou (and you should too). After printing these out I used my 1 3/4" punch to cut the circles out. I love the look of a scalloped edge, but I can't find my scalloped punch. The other side of creativity is being a tad disorganized in my case. Still now I have something to look forward to when I finally do put my hands on the scalloped do-dad. Finally I taped the cut outs to the back of a coffee stick, but a skewer would work just as well.




I picked up some Zinnias from the home improvement store. I love the bright color of the Zinnias and I like the idea that annuals last longer than cut flowers. I believe I paid $1.35 for each plant.

And here is the final product.


I made several of these since I had the supplies and no end to the people I who deserved recognition for a great school year.
Bucket...............................................................$ .25
Zinnia ...............................................................$1.35
Supplies on hand (cardstock, vinyl, etc)..... $1.00
Total................................................................. $2.60
Even though this was absolutely a thrifty gift I think it still had an impact. I think a great gift is personalized whether it's because an item was chosen and purchased thoughtfully or whether the item was thoughtfully prepared.
..






The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment