Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Eveah

I got this recipe from my friend, Christina. I believe she got the recipe from someone else. I had asked on Facebook if anyone had a good chocolate chip cookie recipe to share.

I'd been disappointed with most of the other recipes I had tried. They'd been too thin and crispy or too doughy or too cakey. I wanted the right, balanced combination in a cookie.

This is it.


Ingredients

8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 cups (I use 3 and ½) semisweet chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.


Place the butter in a large bow and cream at high speed until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.


Beat in eggs, one at a time until completely mixed.


In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.


Add to the butter mixture at low speed until just combined and add vanilla extract. 


I use Mexican vanilla straight from Nuevo Laredo. There's nothing better. I use the dark vanilla in baking and the clear vanilla for frostings and white cakes.

Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl down, until blended. Do not overmix.

Add chocolate chunks and mix thoroughly until combines.

Refrigerate batter until cold, preferably overnight. (Suposedly the longer the better, I aim for at overnight, but I'm told the cookies still turn out good even if you don't refrigerate them at all).

Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter on the lined baking sheets.

Bake, turning tray once midway through, until golden brown around edges and soft about 12 minutes.


Cool on wire rack.

Help yourself! Oh wait, I guess you can't, but that gives you a wonderful reason to try out this recipe. I make in a double batch, scoop and then freeze the balls of dough to bring out a bit at a time to bake. When I do this it takes about 2-3 more minutes in the oven, but oven temperatures will vary.

Got milk?
..

1 comment:

  1. This really looks delicious. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my ISO 22000 Training. Happy Valentines Day!!!

    ReplyDelete