I found this star wall hanging on clearance at Micheal's It had a few scrapes, but nothing that a little paint couldn't cure. I wasn't that thrilled with the color, not that red isn't a great color, fabulous really, but it's way overdone in my house. I need to add something else to the mix.
This is a job for the front porch!
I used two lawn bags to protect the brick tiles out front. We're actually hoping to make some improvements to this area since we've got a bit of a drainage issue, so I'm not all that concerned about keeping things pristine. Still you don't want to look like your front entrance is gangsta art studio so I try. I use lawn bags and then I can fill them with the refuse that's supposed to go into them. Two uses for the price of one.
I'm just very conscientious that way.
I primed the back of the star first. Since the piece is pretty transparent, the shape not the material, I knew I'd have to do both front and back. I don't on all my makeovers. Shhh. Keep that one under your hat. Still I did the back first so if I had mistakes or drips they'd be less visible and I could give the front, read the part seen, a longer time to dry and set.
Then you bring out the paint of your choice. I use spray paint. I know, I know...environment, but this works for me. If you'd like to even out my carbon emissions, you should use low VOC brush on paint. I promise I do my part in other areas.
Paint the back first and let it dry.
When it's completely dry, hang it on your wall and admire your work. You deserve it!