Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good Luck Card by Antonio

Today's card craft is brought to you by Antonio, the family chicken. Okay he didn't actually *make* the card, that whole no-opposable-thumbs thing gives him away, but he certainly is the inspiration.


Hey there, Antonio!

The Man came home the other day and needed a quick card for a co-worker who was transferring to another location. Everyone makes fun of us, okay him, for having a chicken. I thoughts I'd play off that for the card.

Yep, I'm quite the comedienne.

I started out with black cardstock, cut in half lengthwise, then folded in half to 5.5x4.25.

Then I stamped the wood plank background on white cardstock (from the scrap pile, thankyouverymuch) and trimmed the edges. I used Tim Holtz ink, Old Paper, and inked the stamp. I concentrated on the edges since the the center of the image will be covered with another layer.

Next I created the bulk of the design on my computer. I printed the "Good Cluck to You" and the chicken out to cardstock. I chalked the clip art of the chicken with black and brown chalk to resemble our chicken. You'll have to use what you think will match your chicken. To save you some time feel free to download my version and make your own set of cards.

I trimmed around the rope using a "bubble cut" (that's how I tell the Kinder kids to cut when they don't have to hard, straight lines), but you tear it to give the image a more rustic look. Go crazy. Add eyelets. I used the Provo Craft Silent Setter. 

Then I threaded ribbon from the front through the back of the card and back through the front of the eyelet. Adhere the ribbon to the back of the front of the card.
Add a piece of white cardstock no larger than 5x4 to the writing part of the card because it's hard to write on a black background. 


Here's the thing though, I don't need a silent setter anymore. I loved this when my kids still had nap times and that was the only time I could scrapbook in peace. Now though they're getting closer to adolescence and frankly I enjoy using a hammer. It's therapeutic. So I'm giving this one away. Here are the rules:
  • Follow this blog.
  • Post a comment telling me how you found Embellish. It's my first giveaway, so if you let everyone know how you got here I think we all win.
  • Giveaway runs through Sunday, September 26 at 9:00 p.m. CST and the winner will be announced on Monday, September 27 right here. I will do my best to contact the winner though their profile information. 
  • Sorry, I'll only ship to the US for this giveaway, but feel free to post anyway.
I'll use random.org to pick the winning comment and then post who'll be crafting silently with their new eyelet setter. Big fun! Big, BIG fun!

Posted at the following parties:
Mad in Crafts




..

3 comments: