Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thrift Store Thursday or The Heads Are Not For Sale

I thought I'd share some of the things I've been finding at thrift stores lately. The projects? They are coming, but for now we'll look at the raw materials.
 Look at these darlings! All of them for $.99. I plan to put a little seasonal clip art in there for the holiday centerpiece. I started decorating my mantle back in March and now I spend my time purging big things from my decorations box and looking for cute, small trimmings. I can stack the picture frames like I have here or maybe all three on top of one another? It'll be fun to figure out.
 The next really-cool-deal is "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" audiobook.  This was a once in a lifetime deal, folks. Listed at $5.45 and then half off of that price for a grand total of $2.73. My kids love to listen to audiobooks while playing with their Lego's so this is a treat for all of us!
Our house has a very Mexican flair. Not only because we are, in fact, Mexican, but because we like the bright colors and hacienda style. I love this wall hanging and it's found a home on our porch. It makes me happy and it feels so homey.
I'm still trying to get organized so I was thrilled to find the IKEA-scarfy-holder thing. Belts, scarves and other accessories will be hang tidily. Oh, the bliss! It was $.99 and it was 50% off that, so a sweet fifty-cent piece.

Oh, and you're probably wondering about the last part of the title. One day when Tracy and I were out thrifting at Salvation Army and saw this sign posted:
It still cracks me up to this day. Mostly that creeps-me-out kind of giggle. Good thing I wasn't in the market for heads that day.
..


No comments:

Post a Comment