Friday, October 1, 2010

Five Question Friday 10/1/2010

It's time for this week's Five Question Friday hosted by Mama M over at My Little Life Go on over and read all the really cool answers. I love this weekly glimpse into other lives. 

Onward...

1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?

I did. I met her in elementary school and then she moved to Brussels, Belgium. When you're 10 years old you and live half a world away friendship becomes about letters and being pen pals. 
We lost touch for 25 years and recently reconnected over Facebook. You have love social media sometimes. 

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?
I'd want to work at a newspaper on a big news day. When I worked in media is was television news for the most part. When a story was being pulled together is was crazy, but it was for such a short time (like 1 minute air time). I'd be interested to find out how the process differs in print media. 
  
3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

Yes. Being kidnapped. Now it's my biggest fear for my own kids. I try not to get all crazy about it since I don't want to them to become afraid, but yeah, scares me witless.

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

Meetings. Specifically team building and status update meeting.

I hate them. I try to get out of as many as possible. I hated meetings when I worked outside the home. Now I hate them as a part of volunteering. Most of this stuff can be done via group e-mails or even Skype. Meeting just meet is a waste of time. I love to volunteer and to give back to my community, church, neighborhood and school, but since I work in a virtual world now it's hard for me to deal with IRL meetings. 

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?

Me when I'm standing in it...*snicker*.

Seriously it's my college sweatshirt. I got it when I started undergrad in 1989 and I still wear it. I know the fashionistas out there are cringing, but you've got to respect the 21 year old history it holds. 

Another great round of 5 Question Friday. Join me next week won't you?
..

No comments:

Post a Comment