Friday, January 14, 2011

Five Question Friday 01/14/2011


A new year, a new leaf. Remember I said I'd try to be better about posting? Well my favorite sport of yesteryear shows up this year. What's that you ask? Why it's Mama M's Five Question Friday!

1. What movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of?
Fool's Rush In and Where The Heart Is. No matter how many times I've seen them (lots) whenever these movies come on I'm captivated. 

2. What's your biggest pet peeve right now?
People who talk on their mobile phones in public places. I'm standing there thinking about whether I need dishwasher tabs or not and some crazy lady comes through the aisles of Target talking loudly on her bluetooth as if there's not a soul in the store besides her. Look, lady, I know it's allll about you, but shut it. No one give a rat's patoot about whatever you think is so blessed important. Go home and talk while you're unloading the dishwasher. Mmkay? Thanks!

3. If you had to describe your best friend in five words or less, what would you say?
I have several BFFs, but they're all funny, creative, loyal, talented and amazing

4. If you did not have to worry about money or go to school what would you do for a living?
I don't currently have an income and I feel as though sometimes I have more degrees than a thermometer so it's hard to think within those parameters. I guess I'd have to say I'd be a Stay at Home Mom. Well lookie there, that's exactly what I'm doing! 


So maybe the question for me is if logistics (you know child care, dinner on the table, grocery shopping) weren't involved what would I do? In that case I'd love to be a teacher. I love creating lesson plans and putting together projects that will help solidify a concept. I've spent several years as a preschool teacher and substitute teacher. I love being with the kids and I love working with other teachers, but I hate the bureaucracy and politics that comes with public school education. If I could just teach that would be my dream job. 

5. What is your one "splurge" item, that you will always buy, no matter the cost?
Wow, I don't have one of those!  I'm not into name brands or high-priced accessories. the appeal is lost on me, but it that's someone's thing, then rock on! 
My "splurge" items are fabric or Dove chocolate, but these are pretty low cost in the scheme of things. Okay, I do have a big fabric stash. Don't judge. Still I won't buy them unless there are coupons involved. Kind of a chintzy splurge no doubt. 
...

No comments:

Post a Comment