Friday, January 21, 2011

Five Question Friday 01/21/2011

It's Friday so that means it's time for another round of Mama M's fabulous Five Question Friday. She asks us, we tell her (and anyone else that will listen/read). I think you should play along. It's fun!

Let's do this crazy thing...

1. Where did you meet your spouse and did you instantly know it was love?
I met The Mister at work. It was my first year in college and I got a part time job with the city locating people who owed money for city services so that they could be served for collection. His cubicle was next to mine and while I was learning the ropes I asked him questions. Lots of questions. 

I think he thought I was pest, but he says he liked me. One day he needed a ride home because his car was in the shop. After 2 or 3 days of rides he asked me on date to say thanks, or so he says. We started dating regularly, then steadily. Almost two years later (the November before he was to graduate in May) he proposed. We got married 14 months later. We've been married for 19 years. 

I don't think it was love, but it was really, really "like" and the love grew over time. Heck I was still a teenage! I love him more today than when I first met him and I keep loving him more. He's been an outstanding friend, husband and father to our boys. 

2. What is your favorite room in your house?
All of them. I stay home and, when I work for pay, it's from home. I spend most of my time in the kitchen and at the "formal" dining table when my computer hangs out. I also have a great sewing/craft room where I spend weekends crafting and watching shows on Discovery ID

3. Can you wiggle your ears?
What am I, a rabbit? No, I can't wiggle my ears, but I can roll my tongue. 
4. What is your evening ritual?
Dinner, a show with the boys, getting them through their bedtime routine, tucking them in, cleaning the kitchen while I drink a glass of wine and then in bed to read for me. It's a wild life we lead.

5. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Function? 6 hours. A good day is 8 hours. Anything less than 6 hours strikes fear in the hearts of people around me. 

Well, that's all for this week, folks. I'd love to have a 5Q Friday on recent embarrassing moments. It's been awhile since I've had a really good laugh at myself, but I've been working on it. 
..

No comments:

Post a Comment