Friday, January 28, 2011

Five Question Friday 01/28/2011

Ah, the last Friday in January. I can hardly believe how quickly this month has passed. In the spirit of trying to be a consistent blogger I have to thank Mama M for providing the grist in my blog mill.  

Onward and upward with this week's Five Question Friday.

1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?

Either Austin Rescue or Emancipet. Both are animal organizations here in town and I since I want to adopt every stray that comes my way but can't, giving my money is the next best thing.  When I pass those pet adoption set-ups I want to bring home someone new. In order to minimize the guilt I buy a round of kibble for the gang. Shhh. Don't tell The Mister (she says secretly like he's not going to read this at some point).

2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?

I'm sorry, what are these snow days you speak of? Today was sunny and in the 70's. Degrees, not decades. I was cold, like in the 30's, a few weeks ago for about 4 days and you would have thought it was Armageddon. We Texans hunkered down like hibernating bears only to return when the sun and warm weather does. So in theory Snow Days sound great!

I would imagine Snow Days to those of you North of the Mason-Dixon line are akin to Ozone Action Days here in the South. During the dog days of summer we get these dangerously high temperatures and air quality alerts strongly suggesting those with asthma (almost everyone in this area) stay inside. Are you kidding me?! These kids are driving me crazy!! We Texans become nocturnal creatures because it's simply too hot to go out during the day. So looking at it from another direction I think I'm going to have to with "Pain In The Butt" for $500, Alex.

3. What talent did you wish you had and why?


Singing.

Oh, I belt it out like I'm Carrie Underwood or Celine Dion, but I suspect I don't sound as good as I do in my head. Most things I do that impress people - haha - are learned.  Sewing, cookie decorating, organization, even writing are skills. Singing? That's a God given talent. 
But I'll keep singing in the shower and at Bunco night. 

4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
News junkie fo' sho'. I can't get enough. I have news on my twitter feed, my breaking news texts, tabs on my browser and apps for all the national press. I'm sure this obsession has to do with having been in the news business before I came home to raise children and chickens. There's a part of me that will always armchair produce a segment.

5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't haftabe alcoholic!)

Margarita! Frozen with salt. I try other cocktails from time to time, but there's no substitute for a frosty 'rita. 

Okay, now you play. 
..

2 comments:

  1. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/five-question-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cocktail looks great!! :)

    I'm a new follower from 5QF!

    Annette
    www.mammakerr.com

    ReplyDelete