Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolution, Schesolution

I have decided not to make a New Year's resolution. What's the point? I can't even keep up with my promise to blog regularly. I take the pictures, think about what I will say and then forget to follow through. Fortunately this lack of discipline doesn't apply to all areas of my life.  


What have I been doing you ask? Nothing really, but dang it sure did take all my time! You know how it is with the kids and the house and the pets and family. Life just takes you ass over teakettle then you wake up and 2 months have passed.


First of all I turned 40 years old. I am getting to the point where I can say this without weeping. I am 40 years old. *sob*


For the big day my family came over for dinner.  I got a yummy tres leches cake to go along with crispy tacos, rice and my mother-in-law's famous beans. And we also had queso, chips and salsa. 
That's my dad with me in this picture. I think he's amazed he has a 40 year old daughter. I know my mom is certainly shocked. 
Then some of my chicas took me out for pretty toes, Thai food and a glass of wine at Austin Custom Winery. I bought a yummy cranberry Shiraz.  Hanging out with the girls took the sting out of the birthday. I highly recommend it. 

Then with all the hubbub of Christmas and the New Year I just haven't kept up with blogging. BUT I do have a number of blogs that I need to post from some cute school crafts to food to fun stuff I've been creating with my embroidery machine.  


So let's get on with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment