Thursday, January 20, 2011

Third Thursday Thrift Store Scores 01/20/2011

Oh, the sheer joy of finding a bargain! I have wanted a standing wreath hook for a whole week now! I've seen several posts on adorable Valentine's wreaths and they're on a hook on a shelf or some equally lovely place. I had no idea. So imagine my delight to find this at the local Goodwill store for $1.99! I saw her and said, "you're coming home with me, baby" and clearly she said alright. 
UPDATE: It turns out that this is an ornament hook, not a wreath hook. Still I bought it's mine and I can do with it what I want. Call it creative license. Hurumph. 

I love this sign. My house lacks that "open floorplan" that is all the rage. My house was also built in 1979 when the idea of kids and adults sharing space was a pretty foreign concept. I'm beginning to think the 1970's builders had the right idea, but I digress. I found this lovely for $3.99. Yes, it's a bit more than I'd usually be willing to pay, but it spoke to me. No alterations were required. Hang it up and the deed was done. 
Next I found a great tin tissue cover. It was a little rusty, but nothing that a can of paint can't gussy right up. Look for it in another post, but here is a preview. 
So there you have it for this month. The flip side of this treasure store hunt is that I also donated a poopin' ton of stuff that we no longer needed or wanted. I believe I must contribute to the thrift store cycle of life.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment