Friday, February 11, 2011

Five Question Friday 02/11/2011


Yay! Five Question Friday is back! Mama M. has been going through some tough times, but she's trying to get back in to a routine. What better way than with a 5QF. This week's slate of five is as random as ever, but that's the beauty of it. Makes you think!

1. Would you rather be on ABC's Extreme Home MakeOver or TLC's What not to Wear?

Extreme Home Makeover for sure! I'm developing my sense of style, but I don't know how to put it together. We don't have a bit that would qualify us for a nomination though. We're just an ordinary family, living an ordinary life, in an ordinary city. I love that EHM does something to give back to extraordinary families and involves the community. 

I have some friends that have been on TLC's "Trading Spaces" and I loved the sense that the designers took them where they couldn't take themselves. That's what I need. 

2. Do you have any tattoos?

No, but I want one. I kept saying when I'm 40. Well, 40 has come and gone and no ink. I know the place, both on my body and where I'll have it done, but I'm not sure what image I can commit to for The Rest of My Life. My friends find it odd that someone who's been married for nearly 20 years has a hard time with commitment. Go figure. 

3. Do you tell your kids about things you did growing up?

Yes. Selectively. I tell them stories about my childhood and experiences, but there are some things that I hold back until it's germane to the conversation. And we always include a little diddy on what we learned for the experience. We tell the boys it's okay to make mistakes, that's how you learn. Just go make new mistakes. 

My 3-year-old rebel self on my dad's motorcycle.
My 12-year-old is starting to ask more about when we were his age. I fancied myself quite the rebel, but my husband said not so much. Fortunately my older boy is just like me. A little reserved and happy with his own company. 

4. If the traffic signal turns yellow, do you stop or speed up?

Depends, but by and large I'll slow down. It's that overly cautious thing I've got going on. And I'm a rule follower. I can't help it.

5. What's your preference: chocolate or chips?

Both. There are just some things where you can't pick a team.

Now you play. Click the button below and let Mama M. know your answers. I know she could use a pick me up this week.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment