Friday, February 25, 2011

Five Question Friday 02/25/2011

It's 5 Question Friday and on this post you get a chance to take a tour inside my mind guided my Mama M. over at Five Crocked Halos


1. Can you drive a stick shift?
Yep. That's how I learned to drive a car. My mom figured if I could learn on a manual shift that an automatic would be easy peasy for me. While I agree with her logic I think it took way longer for me to learn how to drive that way. But, yeah, she was correct. Nowadays I choose to drive an automatic, but I can drive a standard if needed. 

Me and the boy test driving a ride.
2. What are two foods you just can't eat?
Mushrooms and pork. It's a texture thing. I don't like slimy or stringy foods. I'm weird that way I guess. 
::shudder::

3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?
I like Thin Mints and Lemonades. Truth be told though, the quality of the Girl Scout cookie has gone way down in the past few years. The cookies I've bought tasted stale or as if they had been frozen and then thawed. They were not appetizing. 
This year we didn't buy any GS cookies at all. My mom brought the boys one box which we have yet to open, but we just weren't asked by any GS to buy. Oh sure we got a lot of "we have Girls Scout cookies" e-mail message and Facebook posts, but if the GS doesn't ask me directly I don't buy. I can certainly do without an expensive stale cookie donchaknow. 

4. How do you pamper yourself?
::tilts head curiously::
What is this "pamper" you speak of? Is that like when I get to go to the bathroom and no one is outside the door asking earth shattering questions like "mom, have you seen the remote control"?
Pampering myself usually consists of my weekly Chick Date. Sometimes it's coffee after kid drop off. Sometimes it's a trip to the fabric store or IKEA and then lunch. Once a year or so it's a pedicure. Now we are talking a wine tour. That would be pampering! 



5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
My nickname is Lainey. It's short for my name, Elaine. It's the same number of syllables so I don't think it's "short" for Elaine. Of course my kids call me "Mom" or "Mama" right now. As they get older and I get stricter I'm sure that Mother will turn into something else. Tough noogies. 


Well that's all for this week. I hope a trip through my brain wasn't too scary even if it was a bit of bumpy ride. Go on over and tell Mama M that you played, you know, if you did.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment