Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Carpool Pick-up

It's a little after 1 p.m. and I'm playing in the Mom Cave when the doorbell rings. I answer as grumpily as I can because I don't know who this person is and, dude, I was in the Mom Cave. He introduces himself as a local television reporter doing a story on single member districts in our city and wants to know if he can do an on camera interview with me. 

Damn. 



When I used to work in Public Information I expected to have to go on camera at a moment's notice, but that's not in the current job description. I even kept a blazer in my office for last minute media requests. It was part and parcel with the job. The At Home uniform is much different. Jeans and t-shirt, no make up, hair up in a clip - don't pretend like you don't know the look. And the house was messy so naturally they wanted shots with me working and all the unfinished projects in the background. 


It's freezing cold and he's been looking for someone to interview. A neighbor sent him over to me. Nice. I'll have my cat drop a little present at their door the next time Lucky, a.k.a. Jethro the Hillbilly Cat, decides to go squirrel hunting. Ah, as if he were a girl scout selling cookies door to door, I just couldn't say no. 
If you're interested in seeing the final product you can watch the story on KVUE. I haven't see it yet, but I hear it was just lovely. Mr. Reporter said it would be on at 6 p.m., but we have karate during that time. 


Oh, and for the record I'm not political. I could support Single Member Districts. I could also see the pros and cons of staying with at-large representation. Like The Mister says, I'm a butterfly and can't be tethered. To a job or an opinion.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment