Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What Do You Do All Day Wednesday

I swear this is the craziest question I get asked about being a work at home mom. Both of my kids are in school during the day so I do have a respite from 8:30 a.m. until about 2:30 p.m. If you can call it a respite. 
So one day I decided to keep track. And now you have the answer to that elusive question,  "What Do You Do All Day?"

  • Forgot to put on coffee before bed. 
  • Got up. 
  • Got dressed. 
  • Made coffee.
  • Got ready for carpool. Carpool kids are sick today. We're on our own. 
  • Got the kids to get their school poop together. 
  • Got The Mister out the door. 
  • Dropped off the young 'un at his school. 
  • Dropped off the 12-year-old at his school. 
  • Went to the post office to mail games sold on half.com.
  • Went to the grocery store. 
  • Matched sales to coupons for "stockpile" and picked up "staples".
  • Unloaded the groceries. 
  • Browned ground beef that was on Reduced For Quick Sale. Froze it cooked for tacos, spaghetti or stroganoff later.  
  • Prepared other ground beef for meatballs for my Mom's potluck lunch. We call the gathering our "Nooner". 
  • Made pizza sauce in the crockpot. 
  • Made two medical appointments. 
  • Made a mamogram appointment. Go me.
  • Fed The Mister lunch.
  • Went through benefits open enrollment package. Due in few days. Nice.
  • Bookkeeping. The kind that makes me money. 
  • Picked up 6th grader from school early. 
  • Went to the bank to deposit a rebate check. Go me.  
  • Picked up 4th grader from school early for dentist appointment. It's next week. That figures.  
  • Took 6th grader to the dentist. All good. Go him.
  • After school snacks. They'll make, but want an idea. *sigh*
  • Gently reminded the boys to do homework. 
  • Drove Boy 2 to karate. Waited. 
  • Ate dinner out because none of the food from the grocery store was actually in meal form. 
  • Yelled at kids to do homework. 
  • Loaded the dishwasher. 
  • Laundry.  
  • Kids in bed. 
  • Put clothes away and noticed clothes that don't fit. Started another give away bag.
  • Put the chicken in her coop.
  • Logged on again because I forgot to pay a bill. 
  • Paid the bill.
  • The Mister is home late. Fed him (warmed over) dinner. 
  • I'm done.
  • Jammied.
  • Mindless T.V.
  • Lights out.
So now you tell me, "What Do You Do All Day?". Pick a day and keep track of it. Then on Wednesday blog about it. I may do a linky thing if I can figure it out or you can stop by and let me know that you've played. Just have fun with it. Who knows, it might be very eye opening. 

..

No comments:

Post a Comment