Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chipolte Lime Cucumbers

I've been trying to come up with some healthier alternatives to snacking that don't bore me pieces. I *hate* hummus so it's hard to get ideas that don't include a hummus suggestion. One day my husband was in the kitchen experimenting and came up with this delicious nosh - chipolte lime cucumbers. 

Start with thinly sliced cucumbers. I use a mandolin to slice the cucumber really thin, but you can use a sharp knife. Lay the sliced cucumbers evenly on a plate. 
Next squeeze a fresh lime over the plate. I use the old metal juicer that used to be my grandfather's. It came from Mexico so it's not only useful, but nostalgic too.
Use chipolte seasoning. I used a spice blend that I bought from the local farmer's market, but I hear Mrs. Dash has a good blend. I haven't tried it, but I might when I run out of what I'm currently using since the vendor I purchased from seems to have gone out of business. 
Serve or nosh while making the main meal. We put these out at our last family lunch while everyone was preparing their part of the rest of the food and we went through 3 cucumbers in 10 minutes. 
Excuse me, I think I need to go make some more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment