Friday, March 4, 2011

Five Question Friday 03/04/2011

Hi, it's Friday so here we go...


1. Have you ever forgotten your child in a store or at school?
Maybe. I can't remember.


2. Where did you go on your very first date? (Like...first first, not first with your spouse or current significant other!)
To the local roller rink, Skate Ranch. I met the boy there and we walked around the rink holding hands and watching the break dancers (hey, this was the mid 1980's) in the back of the building on the little kids rink. I think the boy and I shared an ice cream cone too. We held hands during the Couples Skate. It was all so romantic.


3. What's your "silly" fear? (We're not talking water and heights.)
Not having any chocolate in the house. I've worked to alleviate that fear by having peanut M&M's in my baking cabinet and Dove chocolate in my office. But what if...


4. Confrontation: do you cause it, deal with is as it comes, or run far far away?
I prefer to deal with it when it first comes up because otherwise I'll forget why I'm mad. Really it turns out I've had confrontations I simply do not remember having. It's bad when someone asks you "remember when..."? And you don't. At all.


I wouldn't say I run far, far away, but sometimes I do just check out. I'll deal with an issue if I think it's worth my time and energy, but I've been known to just shut down an issue (or person) and deal with it no more.


5. Wood floors or carpet?
Ah, a very timely question. We just suffered from a mechanical breakdown in our toilet's mechanism and the water overflowed. On to our wood floors. Crap. Not literally, thank goodness, it was the clean incoming water. At least it wasn't carpet. Still we have pulled up floors in our hallway that should be repaired Friday (today). We only have one box of the 10% extra wood left since this was our third flood situation. One more water-floor issue then I'm ripping it all out and putting in tile. Watch it will be 20 years until the next thing happens now.
The down side to wood floors. Water damage. 
As usual it's been a blast. I hope you played. If not this week do make a plan for next Friday. You'll be glad you did!





1 comment:

  1. Stopping by the 5QF, and now following! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete