Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Searching for the Perfect Brownie Mix

I'm currently on the hunt for a brownie mix. Not from a box off the shelf, but the kind I mix here at home and then use as the craving dictates. Which is frequently.

I was inspired by Pinterest to make master mixes. I though I'd start off using a master mix to make a brownie mix. I started with Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix and the recipe on the side of their box.


The boys weighed in after the taste test and decided they were just fine. I planned to share a just-out-of-the-oven shot with y'all, but it's hit or miss around here getting to food before they do.



I'm not sure it's exactly what I was looking for since it was a bit more cakey than I was looking for, but if that's what does it for you then give this one a try. I'll keep looking and let you know what I find. In the mean time this will work nicely as a chocolate fix until we meet again.

2 1/2 C. mix
2 C. sugar
4 large eggs
1 C. pecans
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/2 C. butter (they say or margarine, but I don't think so)

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease 9x13 pan
Combine mix, sugar, eggs and pecans.
Melt together chocolate and butter.
Add to mix.
Stir until blended.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

/

No comments:

Post a Comment